Sunday, February 10, 2013

Science Egg


Behold! A science egg with fascinating properties!

Several weeks ago, I read in a magazine that you can cook sunnyside-up eggs in the oven. I did so. I thought, such eggs will be perfect on the bi bim bap I was making. The eggs came out of the oven perfectly cooked, glistening and amazing. While admiring them, though, I was also giving myself a third-degree burn on my hand, as I had chosen to relocate the very hot skillet with my bare flesh. As I proceeded to treat my wound and curse violently, I watched the eggs get smaller, stranger, and harder. By the time I was ready to actually apply the eggs to the dish, they were the consistency of unbreakable glass. Completely inedible, lest we desired a series of gashes in our esophagi. The good news is, though, that everyone survived! The egg was photographed two weeks after the event, and it looked like this. Can you believe it? Even sharper and more dangerous looking! My hand healed, though I did do lots of whining about it. And the bi bim bap? Well, it didn't need any sad, pitiful eggs! We made do just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment