Sunday, December 18, 2011

Learning To Let Go


Question! After 28 months in the freezer, what does strawberry sorbet look like? Um, this. Quite shrunken, very freezer-burny, and not at all delicious, but otherwise as colorful and fragrant as the summer day it rode in on. This heartbreak had to come, though! It is not a science experiment, I reminded myself as I pushed it down the garbage disposal with the end of a wooden spoon. It was merely the representation of a substantial labor (the strawberry picking! the entirely obnoxious straining of the juice from seeds! the hovering over the machine as I anxiously awaited the product!) that needed to stop taking up room in my freezer. And so it has. Actually, my entire freezer is now eerily clean and organized, by the way. I hereby declare this day International Freezer Cleaning Out Day. Unless you are reading this tomorrow, in which case you are allowed to transfer the event to today. Good luck! And please! Let me know what the oldest thing in your freezer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment