Monday, May 2, 2011

Speaking of Pink


Remember when I went to Los Angeles and then I came home and told you about the kumquats?

Well, something pink (not a princess cake) appeared during that trip, and it contained donuts!

Let's all just take a moment to admire this very beautiful and special box, with it's donutty stamp and overall pleasantness. I mean, who on earth doesn't want to eat their food out of a pink box?! Hell, fill this box with fill dirt and I'm all over it.

If you find yourself in Los Angeles, you can get your very own pink box by going to Primo's Westdale Donuts, although there are approximately 800 kajillion donut shops in L.A., so there is probably more than one pink box to be had out there. What do I know? There are exactly, uh, two donut shops in all of Chicago, give or take, so I'm kind of out of the loop with donut-box culture these days. Although! There is a bakery here that serves their donut boxes all tied up in string and -- brace yourself -- there's a machine that does the stringing, crisscrossing it around all four sides in a nice, clean four-segment design. It's completely amazing. A gosh darn machine!!! But that? That is the extent of my donut box knowledge. So far, anyway...but you watch out, donut-box world! I'm going to catch you and figure you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment