Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Outdoors Come In


Reasons to keep a chunk of outdoor ice in your freezer:

1. It probably contains DNA!

2. It's going to make a really good icepack after I fall on the other ice outside and need the swelling to go down.

3. It's crunchy and delicious when the attached sand covers other things in the freezer.

4. It's really convenient if Matthew runs out of ice for his drinks while I am out of town.

5. It's a good reminder of how cold and icy it is outside, because I keep forgetting that we're in the middle of a 6-month long, dark, impossibly freezing winter.

6. It's a nice puck for kitchen hockey.

7. It will be a good weapon in case of an intruder.

8. It will be a good tool with which to explain slipperiness to a young child.

9. It will be a good tool with which to explain the Bergeron Process to myself or other adults.

10. Ice harvesting is coming back into style.

11. It's a perfect addition to an icebox, should I receive one as a gift.

12. With it, I can lay the foundation of the first Chicago Ice Hotel.

13. The outdoors just got a little less hazardous!

14. It will remind me of my dear Meghan, who chose the ice hunk from all the other ice hunks and carried it home from our beach walk because, well, carrying home ice hunks is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment